Personal Injury Attorneys Serving New Jersey & New York
Being injured in an accident can be an overwhelming experience and even more so when an accident is caused by the negligent or reckless conduct of another person or entity. Left with lingering pain and suffering and mounting medical expenses, many victims may not know where to turn for justice. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, having an experienced attorney in your corner is essential.
Nagel Rice LLP is one of the premier personal injury law firms serving clients throughout New Jersey and New York. Guided by a belief that no one should suffer because of the negligence of others, we dedicate ourselves to holding responsible parties accountable. Our legal team has a well-deserved reputation for aggressively fighting for the rights of our clients, with over $1 billion in settlements and verdicts over our 34 years of practice.
Our firm has recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for wrongful death cases, auto accidents, and slip and falls, including $9.25 Million in an auto death case, $7 Million in a motorcycle accident case, $2.2 Million in an auto death case, and $1.55 Million< in a wrongful death case. Click here to review more serious personal injury verdicts and settlements.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our trial attorneys have experience handling a wide range of personal injury claims, including, but not limited to:
- Automobile Accidents< – Thousands of individuals are injured in automobile accidents in New Jersey and New York each year. Although many of these claims involve negotiating with a insurance company, insurers often put profits ahead of the well being of injury victims. We provide aggressive legal representation to help our clients obtain the full value of their claims inside and outside of the courts.
- Burn Injuries – A burn injury can be one of the most traumatic personal injuries a person can endure. Our legal team fights for compensation for victims of burns caused by negligence and defective products. This includes burns sustained in building fires, car accident burn injuries, medical malpractice burn injuries, chemical burns, workplace accident burns, and burns caused by hazardous products and machinery.
- Bus and Train Accidents – Commuters and visitors who rely on mass transportation throughout New Jersey and New York City typically arrive at their destinations safely. Nonetheless, when a bus, train, or subway accident occurs, passengers can sustain catastrophic injuries. We believe that injury victims deserve just compensation and negligent parties must be held accountable. We have represented victims of the Amtrak derailment in Philadelphia in 2016 and in the New Jersey Transit derailment in Hoboken in 2017.
- Construction Accidents – Injuries at construction sites typically result from falls, cave-ins, fires and explosions, falling objects, defective equipment, and other hazards. Although workers are covered under the Workers’ Compensation Insurance program, it is possible to pursue injury claims over safety violations or against negligent third parties.
- Truck Accidents – Motorists have no choice but to share the road with commercial trucks and tractor trailers. Given the size and weight of a typical truck, being involved in a collision can be devastating for occupants of smaller vehicles. We are dedicated to holding negligent trucking companies and truck drivers accountable for causing injuries to others.
- Medical Malpractice – Patients place their trust and their well-being in in the hands of doctors, surgeons, hospitals, and other medical professionals. When patients are injured because of medical mistakes or negligence, it is possible to recover damages by pursuing a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Pedestrians in New Jersey and New York City run the risk of being struck by cars, buses, trucks and taxicabs. Although pedestrians have an obligation to abide by all traffic laws and exercise reasonable care for their own safety, motorists also have a duty of care not to injure others. We have extensive experience handling personal injury claims arising from pedestrian accidents.
- Product Liability – Businesses have a duty to ensure that the products they provide to consumers are safe. When injuries occur due to manufacturing or design defects or because of inadequate warnings, it is possible to bring a product liability lawsuit against a negligent manufacturer and/or distributor.
- Wrongful Death – Losing a loved one is never easy, but the burden can be more difficult to bear when death was the result of another’s reckless, negligent or malicious conduct. Although no amount of money can ever replace a life, we can help surviving family members ease that burden by pursuing a wrongful death claim.
At Nagel Rice LLP, our legal team is dedicated to fighting for the injured. Knowing that most of our clients have never encountered the legal system, we take the time to explain their rights and help them navigate the process.
Personal Injury Lawsuit Damage Recovery
Generally, there are two types of damages that can be recovered through a personal injury lawsuit, economic and noneconomic damages:
- Economic damages – Compensate the injured for lost wages, past and future medical costs, property damage and other financial losses.
- Noneconomic damages – Designed to compensate victims for pain and suffering, physical impairment, disfigurement, loss of limbs, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Additionally, if injuries are caused by an at-fault party’s reckless, intentional or malicious conduct, such as driving under the influence or assault, it may also be possible to recover punitive damages.
Dedicated Advocates of Injury Victims
At Nagel Rice, LLP, we stand by our clients and work tirelessly to help them obtain the compensation they deserve. Our legal team leverages its legal knowledge and negotiating skills to level the playing field so that our clients obtain the full value of their claims. If an insurer refuses to make a fair and reasonable settlement offer, our trial attorneys have a proven track record of success in the courts. Nagel Rice, LLP handles all injury cases on a contingency basis, which means you will not pay any attorneys fees unless your claim prevails. Call our office or complete the contact form on our website to set up a free consultation.