New Jersey Surgical Mistakes Lawyers
Fighting for Those Injured by Surgical Mistakes in New York and New Jersey
At Nagel Rice, we represent those who have been injured due to medical negligence during surgeries, as well as families that have lost a loved one to wrongful death due to surgical mistakes. Our attorneys will help you pursue justice for pain and suffering and other damages. At Nagel Rice, we try cases, and we produce results.
Our firm recovered $7.5 Million against a New York hospital in a case involving brain damage sustained by a seven-year-old child after surgery. We also obtained $5.2 Million jury verdict in an action involving negligently performed neurosurgery. Click here to review more medical malpractice verdicts and settlements.
Trial Tested Attorneys for Surgical Errors
Our attorneys have significant experience representing victims of all types of surgical errors including obstetrical and birth injuries, such as orthopedic injuries, neurosurgical injuries and other surgical injuries. We represent victims of many other types of surgical errors, including urologic surgery malpractice, orthopedic surgical malpractice, ophthalmologic surgical malpractice and Lasik malpractice.
Common mistakes made by medical professionals before and during surgery can result in serious injuries including:
- Failing to conduct an accurate pre-surgical evaluation
- Performing improper surgical techniques
- Leaving a foreign object inside a patient’s body
- Performing a surgical procedure on the wrong site or side of the body
- Performing the wrong surgical procedure
- Perforating or puncturing an organ, or other structure
- Using unsanitary surgical instruments
- Failing to take all necessary steps to prevent infection, nerve damage and other complications