The attorneys at Nagel Rice LLP have spent decades defending the rights of New Jersey victims of toxic exposure. In nearly all cases, exposure to toxins can be traced to someone’s negligent or reckless behavior, most often the result of a combination of disinterest in the safety of others and personal or corporate greed.
If you and/or a family member has suffered toxic exposure, contact us now. We have won millions of dollars for other victims and would like nothing better than to provide you with the compensation you need and deserve to get your life back on track. We will charge you no attorneys’ fees until we recover damages.
It Is Impossible to Escape All Toxic Exposure
During the past few decades, most of us have become increasingly aware of how polluted our world really is and how frequently, despite our best efforts, we face toxic exposure. Much as we might wish we didn’t know about the dangers we confront on a regular basis, the evidence of pollutants in the air we breathe, the food we eat, the water we drink, the soil we plant in, and the materials we touch is undeniable.
Three Dangerous Pathways to Toxic Exposure
The three basic ways we are exposed to toxins are inhalation, ingestion, and skin contact. Some of the toxins that surround us to a greater or lesser degree depending on where we live and our food and water supply, are:
- Smoke, smog, and traffic exhaust
- Certain fertilizers, insecticides, rodenticides
- Hormones and antibiotics fed to animals we eat
- Medications with hazardous components
- Paints, preservatives, flame retardants
- Waste products
- Chemical solvents and paints
- Industrial cleaners
- Carbon monoxide
Tragically, the list goes on. Clearly, there are far too many ways of being surreptitiously poisoned.
Factors that May Alter Toxic Exposure Levels
Individuals in the same neighborhood, or sometimes even in the same family, may be exposed to varying amounts of toxins depending on:
- Where they work or attend school and how well either place is ventilated
- Whether they smoke or are exposed to tobacco smoke
- How much time they spend in an urban environment or in traffic
- What materials have been used in constructing, ventilating, or insulating their homes
- The source of the water they most often drink or bathe in
- Whether they live near a contaminated site
- Their dietary and grooming habits
- Whether and how often they use particular products
In addition, there are variations in how different people react to toxins, even if similarly exposed to them. The effect of toxins may differ from one person to another according to age, gender, genetic make-up, or pre-existing health conditions.
No matter what the source of contamination or the type of personal injury you have suffered, the experienced toxic exposure attorneys at Nagel Rice will meet with you at no cost to discuss the viability of your claim. If we determine that you have a winnable lawsuit, we will do everything in our power to see to it that you receive justice.
You can count on our sharp legal team to investigate your case thoroughly and examine your medical records with great care. We will check whether you were given any warning of the hazards to your health or to the health of your children and pursue your case aggressively.
We will fight tooth and nail to hold accountable whoever is at the root of your health problems, whether it is:
- An employer who didn’t heed complaints about an unpleasant smell in the workplace
- A plumber who didn’t check to ensure that a waste pipe was improperly installed
- A manufacturer of baby clothes who used an unapproved chemical in the fabric
- A food or drug manufacturer who included a dangerous additive in their product
- A corporation that illegally dumped waste products at your local beach
- A nursing home that never replaced its leaking air-conditioning filtration system
- A landlord who put rat poison where it was accessible to children
It should be noted that if you work in the construction industry or any field in which you are exposed to toxins, OSHA has strict regulations your employer must adhere to in order to protect you. If you were not supplied with respiratory masks or protective clothing when exposed to dangerous chemicals, we may have a strong case.
If many people suffered as a result of the same toxic working conditions or product defects, our proficient lawyers may file a class-action suit of which you can be part. You should be aware that we have a tremendous history of success in all types of personal injury cases.
Conditions that May Be Caused by Toxic Exposure
There are innumerable conditions that toxic exposure can cause, some not yet named or fully investigated. Below is a list of some of the most common awful consequences of toxic exposure:
- Hodgkin’s disease
- Other lung diseases
- Skin rashes and cancers
- Birth defects
As was the case with thalidomide babies of the late 50s and early 60s, the toxic exposure of a parent may also have a horrible effect on that parent’s child.
Damages Nagel Rice Will Fight to Win for You and Your Family
Catastrophic illness or permanent disability affects not only the victim but his or her loved ones. We will work tirelessly to develop a strategy that has the best possible chance of bringing you damages to cover your:
- Medical and rehabilitation costs
- Lost income, present and future
- Loss of earning ability
- Alterations to your home to make it accessible
- Replacement services (e.g. house cleaning)
- Long-term nursing care
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Permanent scarring or other disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
In some tragic cases, toxic exposure is fatal. If you have been through the anguish of losing a close relative to a wrongful death, we will do all that we can to make sure you receive the compensation you are entitled to for final medical costs, funeral costs, and loss of financial and emotional support.
If You Have Suffered Toxic Exposure, Contact Our Experienced, Empathic Attorneys
Whatever the circumstances of your toxic exposure, Nagel Rice is here to support you. We know how devastating such cases are for everyone involved. Whether you are one of many victims or seem to be the only one affected, you need the strong, knowledgeable legal counsel Nagel Rice can provide. Contact our office today to schedule an initial free consultation.
Nagel Rice LLP helps their clients with their toxic exsposure claims throughout New Jersey including Bergen County, Essex County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Passaic County, and Sussex County.