As a great many of us know from personal experience, back injuries are as common as they are debilitating. Although some back injuries are due to pre-existing medical conditions, clumsiness, or unavoidable occurrences, a sizable number are the result of someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior. If you are a New Jersey resident suffering a serious back injury caused by someone else’s misconduct, you need the help of an accomplished personal injury attorney from Nagel Rice, LLC.
Our practice has been providing accident victims with excellent legal service for more than 40 years. We have a remarkable history of successful outcomes, having won over $1 billion for New Jersey clients through astute negotiations and carefully litigated trials.
Though no doubt your back injury has resulted in financial losses as well as physical and emotional trauma, you don’t have to navigate the justice system alone. Our knowledgeable back injury attorneys are here to help. Contact us now for a free consultation. Once we evaluate your case and you become our client, we will charge you no attorneys’ fees until we recover the damages you deserve.
Types of Back Injuries
The back, in many ways our body’s support system, is a complex structure, subject to a wide variety of injuries, including:
- Fractures, both major and compression, either of which can be painful and disabling
- Sprains, strains, and other soft tissue damage to muscles, ligaments, and tendons
- Herniated discs occur when one of the cushioning discs between the vertebrae protrudes, causing nerve irritation and severe back pain
- Spinal cord injuries in which nerves are impacted, potentially leading to partial or complete paralysis, depending on where they occur
- Neck injuries like whiplash, associated with a rapid back-and-forth movement of the neck in car accidents, cause intense pain and restrict upper body mobility
How Negligence Causes Serious Back Injuries
Unfortunately, there are several ways someone else’s carelessness or lack of attention can cause you harm. The following types of accidents can all result in back injuries that may be temporarily or permanently disabling:
- Traffic Accident Back Injuries
- Slip & Fall Back Injuries
Slips and falls can occur in your own home, but when they happen somewhere else — e.g. on your neighbor’s property, in the supermarket, at a public park, or at the mall — the property owner may very well be liable for damages if they failed to warn you of a danger, such as an uneven surface, a wet floor, or inadequate lighting.
- Construction Site Injuries
Construction sites can be dangerous not only to those who work there, but to visitors like architects, delivery personnel, or passersby. If your back has been injured by falling debris or incorrectly operated machinery at or near a construction site, we may be able to sue the construction company for substantial damages on your behalf.
- Workers’ Compensation Injuries
Workplace accidents, whether in an office or industrial setting, can result in back injuries covered under workers’ compensation laws in New Jersey. Workers’ comp benefits cover all medical and rehabilitation costs and a percentage of lost income. In exchange for these benefits, employees forgo the ability to sue their employers for damages unless extreme employer recklessness or intention has led to their injury.
Who Is Liable for Your Back Injury?
To determine who can be held accountable for your back injury, you require the insight of a seasoned personal injury attorney. Depending on precisely how your injury occurred, one or more of the following parties may be partly or entirely responsible for your losses:
- Driver or motorcyclist who caused your back injury by making an illegal turn, speeding or otherwise driving recklessly, or who was driving impaired or distracted at the time of the crash.
- Government agency that failed to safely maintain the roadway or traffic signals, resulting in your injury.
- Property Owner who failed in their duty of care to ensure their premises were safe by, for instance, failing to wipe up a dangerous spill or repair a broken banister.
- Employer (Workers’ Compensation) for any job-related accident, i.e. occurred in your workplace or while you were performing tasks related to your employment.
- Manufacturer who produced and distributed a defective product (e.g. an unbalanced ladder) that led to your back injury.
What a Nagel Rice Attorney Will Do To Help
Our experienced back injury attorney will work hard to offer you a full range of legal services by:
- Thoroughly investigating your case by examining medical records and police reports, interviewing witnesses, and checking for any history of previous misconduct on the part of the defendant(s)
- Determining liability by examining forensic evidence, surveillance footage, etc.
- Filing claims against responsible parties in a timely fashion
- Consulting with experts whose testimony will bolster your case
- Negotiating settlements with insurance adjusters and opposing attorneys
- Representing you at trial, if necessary to recover maximum compensation
Damages Our Attorneys Will Fight To Recover
We are committed to securing the damages you deserve to cover:
- Medical expenses
- Lost Income, present and future
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Even if you were partly responsible for your injury, our back injury attorneys will fight to protect your right to just compensation. We will develop strategic arguments to persuade the court that your percentage of fault was negligible so that you can still recover damages under New Jersey’s modified comparative negligence law.
Contact Our Determined New Jersey Back Injury Attorneys
Don’t allow yourself to be a victim. Contact us now to find out how much your claim is worth. Then relax and recover while we fight vigorously for your right to maximum compensation.